Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Sex outside of marriage goes for you too!

Yesterday I found out some friends of mine are having marital problems. A split appears imminent; I hope I am wrong. But then I started thinking, the same thought process I apply to teens is also the same for divorced adults. I don't know why adults think the rules do not apply to them because of their age? Just as I tell teens, sex outside of marriage does not make you a grown up or mature, it makes you susceptible to all kinds of regrets and risks. The risks seem somehow greater when you have your own children involved in your mistakes.

Do you realize how many times our children do as we do and not as we say? I know many parents who want the same things I want for my children. Specifically no sex outside of marriage...it is too complicated and extremely risky. Some of my friends know this first hand, and because of their experiences want better for their kids. So to all of my unmarried peers, no sex until you are married again. Just because you are in your 30s, 40s etc it does not make you immune to STDs and emotional consequences. Furthermore, when sex is a factor you are not thinking straight, you are making poor decisions that once again do not just effect you! I get the feeling many will not like what I have written today, but as I say with the teens "trust me on this, my way is MUCH easier than yours!"

No comments: