Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The bachelor!

I am currently working on two other blog ideas, but they are just not yet ready, so why not talk about The Bachelor. I have admitted on several different occasions that I love trashy TV, hence The Bachelor. That is my disclaimer, because now I am going to have to talk bad about a show that is a guilty pleasure of mine; I wouldn't want anyone to call me a hypocrite.
Like millions of others, I tuned in last night to see which girl Jason would choose, Melissa or Molly. I really didn't care, because I am still upset that he let Gillian go! The more I think about it, this show is quite the "how to" manual in dating. Things I have learned about dating from watching the Bachelor. One: the girls that act slutty do not get picked. Two: the girls that play hard to get and appear innocent and above the fray of the show seem to get the curiosity of the suitor. Three: You should never date a guy while he is dating 25 other beautiful girls. Four: when on a TV show fighting for one man, you may lose all sense of reality and forget that the Bachelor is not the last man on earth. What you are feeling for him is not love but a contrived feeling of "love' that is really a competitve feeling to win. Lastly the more physically you get involved the farther you will fall when he dumps you.
Yes, slutty girls may get male attention, but not the kind you want. Acting loose to get a guy to notice you is selling him a false bill of goods if that is not how you want yourself to be perceived. Now if you do want that kind of label and it is working for you then more power to you, but I worry you may be wasting your time reading this blog. I admit I have never known any girl that wanted the label of whore and yet I know many that act like one sometimes thinking the end results will be worth it. I'm just saying...I am afraid a lot of that misinterpretation goes around, and yet we act surprised that we feel used and abused. How can we call a guy a cad when all he did is show us with the same amount of respect we show ourselves?
While life may not be a reality TV show, there are times we may develop a crush and forget that any other person of the opposite sex is alive. We then do terrible desperate things to get them to notice us. Stop and ask yourself, is he or she worth it? Am I making them into something they are not? Good example of this, there was this guy in college that I thought was AWESOME. I watched him from a far for months before I strategically put into action my plans. We met one night "accidentally", but truth be told I had carefully orchestrated the whole event. The night exceeded my expectations we danced until the bar closed. We went to Krispy Kreme and ate donuts until 4am. The next day I was so excited to see him. After dinner with a friend I ran to his fraternity house to see what was on the agenda for the night, and I found him hot and heavy with another girl. For months as I had stalked this good looking boy, I had created some kind of character in my head and found out that he was no where near the man I thought he was, he was a pretty big tool. Not long after that he knocked up some girl, and I wasn't even sad. For two reasons: I had not given him a piece of myself. Had I been intimate with him I would think I would never be able to get that part of me back. Secondly in hind sight after really getting to know his true character I knew that he wasn't worthy of me! Boy this has come a long way from Jason and Melissa I mean Molly.
Back on task, last night Jason chose Melissa proposed to her and spent some "quality" time with her for about 6 weeks. It turns out that when the cameras were off and ABC wasn't sending the two of them on incredible once in a lifeitme dream dates, the chemistry was no longer there for him. I hate to speculate but I am assuming Melissa shared herself with him, which made it even more tragic when he dumped her on national television and said, "I made a mistake I meant Molly"! I think the break up would sting either way, but maybe the pain would not be as deep if she had said no to the sex, not unitl we are married. AH another lesson learned!

No comments: