Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time to get on my soap box

Friends I am careful to use this blog for the intended purpose of spreading the news of abstinence until marriage. So far I have been careful not to use it to spread my political views (and I have a LOT to say), nor have I used it in talking about my religious beliefs. So tonight I am going to get on my soap box, because there is an issue that I can no longer ignore. It would be negligent of me to not discuss the FOCA.

The Freedom of Choice Act while harmless in title will have devastating consequences if passed. I will touch on some of the "highlights" of this disgusting bill and then follow up with some of my personal thoughts. FOCA states:

-abortion is a fundamental right and no agency or person should be able to interfere with a

woman's right to choose to have an abortion.

-taxpayer money would be used to perform abortions (so the gov't has no say so if you can

have an abortion but then are also expected to pay for it?)

-allow partial birth and late term abortions

-allow abortions by non-physicians and non-regulated clinics (allowing abortions that may put

a woman's health at risk)

-minors will not be required to notify their parents



For over 35 years we have been taking baby steps to overcome the decision of Roe v Wade. And while we have made great strides we still have far to go. Since Roe v Wade there have been
48,589,993 abortions. We have lost beautiful people in the military. Since the Iraq War began in March of 03 we have lost 4,186 soldiers. Who died with honor and a belief in their cause, of liberating a nation and spreading democracy throughout the world. Over these men and women of valor there has been total outrage. May I ask where is the outrage over the 48 million innocent lives that were MURDERED so that a woman would not be INCONVENIENCED by her CHOICE to have sex? 48 Million can you even begin to comprehend how totally wrecked God must be, when He sanctions all life? FOCA will not lower the number of abortions in America it will increase the number and without regulations a woman's health is at a greater risk.



Let me tell you ladies, I am all about your freedom of choice. You may choose to have sex or you may choose to not have sex. If you choose to have sex then you better be ready to put on your big girl pants and deal with the adult consequences. There are options available to you, adoption and keeping this precious gift from God. Murder is not an option. So stop calling your self pro-choice and go ahead and call it pro-murder.



This week I have received an amazing blessing. I have my first godchild. A beautiful (and I am not biased) little girl. Her mommy and daddy had to wait a long time for her. And lucky for them, my goddaughter's birth mom decided to do the selfless act and give her baby to a loving family. My friends are in good company waiting for others to follow suit and choose life, choose love over selfishness.



So now what? Get busy. Call your congressman, call everybody in Washington DC and let them know that we are not okay with FOCA. We need to do God's work down here. We cannot sit and watch this bill pass and do nothing. You must inform others of this evil legislation before it is too late. And while I try not to express my political views on this blog I must point out that one candidate supports this disgusting legislation and one does not. Okay I will put my soap box
away....for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Right on...it's time someone puts the numbers out there; reminds me of a documentary I saw where high school students wanted to build a memorial to the 6,000,000 Jews who were killed in Auchwitz concentration camp during World War II. They wanted people to get an idea of just how MANY people were murdered so they collected 6,000,000 paper clips, one each to signify lives lost. You cannot imagine the enormity of this project and seeing all those paper clips. IMAGINE 48,000,000!!! Easy way to email your congressmen: go to www.visi.com/juan/congress/ and then click on your state on the map and voila! email links to all your congressmen. God bless you all, Reen