Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm back

After a great trip to Disney with the family, I am back! And this time with even more gumption than before. I know you can't imagine me having more, but it is true. Before I left for vacation I submitted a blog on Gardasil; it really seemed to ignite some controversy and even some not too happy comments. Several incidents occurred around this same time, and all had the same message...give up you are fighting a losing battle. I kept saying to myself, "I am not going to let these people talk me out of my mission". But truth be told maybe there was a slight weakening in my fight. And then I went to Disney World and these doubts were making rumblings in the back of my head. I really was contemplating how to move forward and did I want to?

On day 3 of our trip, we found ourselves in Epcot. You may not know that Disney shut down Spaceship Earth last year to update it. So there I was in Spaceship Earth riding along with my six year old daughter when a voice on the speaker came on and said, "What does your future look like? Can you see it? You can make it look like whatever you want as long as you have a vision". And I thought to myself, this is too hokey even for me; I looked around to see if there were going to be any singing mice chanting you can do it, Jennifer! (There weren't) But man I found my fight again.

Yes, it is against the norm today to wait until marriage to have sex, so does that mean I must settle? How about I just sit my 2 little girls down today and tell them the good news about Gardasil, birth control, and condoms and tell them you can have all the sex you want because everyone else is doing it. Forgive me, but that is not the future I see for this household. And for all of you negative nellys who want to try to dissuade me you will have to work a lot harder; either way YOU are going to LOSE! You will not make me give up. I can see a better future, but it is going to take educating the masses. Again this is just one blog, but if you believe in it then you can help me. Spread the word, we can change and I am not talking about the "Obama change". I am talking real, honest to God change that can change the world. One person at a time, who is with me?

No comments: