Thursday, September 18, 2008

I hear wedding bells

My six year old, Caroline, has informed me that she has a boyfriend that she intends to marry. Which is not for another 20 years, as she understands the rules of our house. Last night as I was tucking her into bed she looked around her room and decided that the young man would probably like her room when they are married, after all she herself selected the "bath blue" color. She was worried that the room may still be a little too "girly" for him. I took a deep breath and explained that when she is 30 and married it is okay with me for her to get her own house. She thought this was a good idea, although she had slight concerns about our puppy and who would get to keep her. (no, I did not even go there with her)
I did ask her if the young man in question was aware he was her boyfriend. She looked at me and said, "of course not, if he knew then he probably would not be my boyfriend!" How I wish she could stay this innocent forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need an organist?