Thursday, July 24, 2008

Losing My Virginity

Well here I go....my first blog! After this I will no longer be a blog virgin! Which is ironic because the gist of this blog is going to be ALLL about abstinence until marriage. Well maybe not all about abstinence. The title of my blog, Living With No Regrets is what I think about all the time. How can I help the next generation make the right choices so that their life is not filled with regret? I am a lone voice that while shouting is all but a whisper when the rest of society is screaming do what feels good and make sure it happens right now! Just because it is done on MTV or some cool dude is singing about it doesn't mean it is right for you. What is IT? Most of the time IT is sex, but sometimes IT is smoking, drinking, or doing drugs. SO if you decide to become a regular on my blog you may get the rantings of a mad woman who feels she is in the battle by herself, or maybe you will find me gathering and organizing my troops, and still yet you just may find me talking about my sweet family. It is that family that inspires me to wage this war against a society that worries more about what feels good now than the catastrophic consequences that come later. But there will be plenty of time to get into that.

I want to thank my dear friend Christy for pushing me (literally) to do this. Somehow she is allowed to push me when I will not let my wonderful hubby give me that kick in the butt I so often need.

And to any one who decides what I say may have some value I welcome you and extend an offer to you to join my ranks and help me in this battle to help our next generation. To help them live a wonderful, fulfilled life and not swimming in a pool of regret.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you let me give you a kick in the rear. I look forward to your musings. :)

Christy

lpb said...

I can't think of a better person to lead this battle. Consider me one of your troops.

Am anxiously awaiting more Ferdie moments...

lpb

PrettyInPink said...

Another troopster reporting for duty.
TCD

JSS3. said...

Best wishes with your new adventure. JSS3.

jfd said...

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!
The above stands for thunderous and extended applause. At 63, I fear that I still have opportunity to create a few more regrets, and would prefer to avoid doing so.

All the best.

kjun said...

Go!!! We have only one chance against a highly organized, indoctinated enemy, and that is to unite. Your website can help.

Fr. Chris Decker said...

alone? As if! The Catholic Church has been fighting this battle for years! And it's not your battle...it's the Lord's! We're all troops! Remember the old saying that we are "the Church Militant" while on earth? That's why! Baptized, Confirmed, and led amongst the wolves of our respective generations, we march with a very clear banner: the one with the Cross on it!

Christy said...

I love your blog! Being a teacher and seeing the first hand effects of the eschewing of abstinence, I can truly say that you are doing God's work. You have my support and my prayers. And you are not alone!

Mitch

Unknown said...

As an adult active in the lives of young people as a coach and mentor, (as well as your cousin), I applaud your efforts. Sometimes we feel we are speaking to the wall, but I know there are young people that are thirsty for the truth and for those with experience to show them the way.

Allyson

Sara said...

Congratulations, Jennifer. What a wonderful idea and as a grandmother raising a grandson who is a product of irresponsible sexual behavior, I applaud you and pray for many successes. How much better for children to be born of two wedded parents who are madly in love. As Fr. Chris said - we are all in it.
Sara

Big A said...

What a fabulous blog! I am so proud to call you my friend. You are certainly doing God's work.
Love, Anglyn